2012 will be the first full year that the Grant Woods plan is implemented. Steps are being taken to:
- Provide high-quality, year round forage
- Create cover and natural habitat resources for wildlife
- Encourage data collection to observe trends on the farm
- Make areas of sanctuary available to wildlife
- Combat predators
- Utilize hunting tactics to create ideal environments for wildlife throughout the property
The farm's commitment to this plan is evidenced by the major equipment purchases recently made. These include new ATVs, a Bobcat, planting equipment, tractor, combine, sprayers, and much more. These purchases will enable professional maintenance, efficient planting and upkeep, and the ability to respond quickly to undesirable natural (and unnatural) landscape changes.